As I originally discussed in my pitch I do enjoy playing video games, I have played quite a few!!!! So I thought to change things up a bit! I have been playing with friends online all the time lately and I thought I would use this to my advantage to change my digital artefact.
I changed digital artefacts as I wasn’t motivated to go and write blogposts. For me to understand the games itself I need to be immerged in the culture of the game. This is why I have chosen to record my gameplay with my friends whilst I play Among Us!
During my beta video I briefly discussed my goals for my new digital artefact however, as you saw I showcased my “gamer aesthetic / intro”. My twitch name / youtube name I will be under will be Hufflpuff as that is my current go to Among Us character name and considering I will be playing Among Us I thought I would brand myself with that as well.
Above is my little icon for my twitch channel / instagram! The name ‘Hufflepuff’ came from me being an obvious Hufflepuff. I used this and my little cute yellow Among Us character to create the aesthetic I have here now.
What have I done so far?
- I have set up an Instagram page and have posted a few photos
- Begun learning how to use OBS to stream and record my discord chats (hopefully can livestream on twitch next week)
- Branded my gaming aesthetic “Hufflepuff”
- Set up my twitch streaming platform
- Created an intro and outro for my videos (can be found in my beta video)
- Created an icon of myself which I will display in my videos so I don’t have to show my face!
I am not really familiar with how to live stream or use OBS at the moment however next week I am going to give it ago and record my friends and I playing! If anyone would like to join in on the fun message me and you can join my Among Us discord sever!